Monday, November 18, 2013

November #3 -What have I been up to?.

After receiving the last shipment of batik fabrics I was inspired to create something new. I have created the pattern and picked my fabrics and although I haven't used any of the new fabrics in my newest creation, I have been able to included a batik mystery sampler pack. 
These are the fabrics I have picked. Two contrasting fabrics and a Batik Mystery Sampler pack(4 inch squares).

I will share more pictures when I start sewing.
 
Sunday started out early, I took the morning off. My husband and I took the boat up to Blanchetown and we went for a cruise up the River Murray to road test the repairs he had done. It was a beautiful morning for boating and being out on the water. On our return to Blanchetown we stopped long enough for a bite to eat before heading home.
 
So after lunch it was time to start preparation for the Barossa Craft Fair and Market. I needed to sort the fabric boxes out, tidy them up and restock them with all the new fabrics as we have not done a fair since the June long weekend. Then stock needs to be packed ready for Friday for loading. There is always so much to do before a fair.

A couple of the fabric boxes are ready to go, but there is still 3 more to finish. Fabric is cut, it just needs to be folded and packed.  Barossa Craft Fair & Market is on Saturday 23rd November 9.30am-3.30pm at the Tanunda Show Hall, Tanunda. The fair has over 50 stalls, Card/Scrapbook workshops, belly dancing demonstrations, light lunches, Devonshire teas and more.  It is a great place to get some of your Christmas shopping done and treat yourself to a day out.
 
Until next time keep stitching
Cynthia
 
PS I only have 45 more 6 inch batik log cabin blocks to go before I can start sewing the quilt top together.
 


No comments: