Friday, January 24, 2014

Building Blocks Quilt- 2014 Free Motion Quilt Along #3

This weeks free motion quilting lesson was on gridlines. I like the idea of sewing straight lines after the curves of last week. I must say I enjoyed this challenge. I have to do something about my free motion quilting foot on my machine. It isn't an open toed one so I was having trouble seeing where to stop and turn. Good news I rang my favourite sewing centre and they tell me there is an open toed foot to fit my machine, so before next weeks lesson I will go and buy one.
 From the front I am happy with my attempt. My travel stitching needs more work but my lines are reasonably straight. When you look at the back you can see the trouble I was having with my travel stitching,  not being quite on top of each other enough. More practise is on the cards I think.
The back has a couple of threads that need to be sewn in.

 
The front doesn't look too bad. Well not as bad as the back.
 
You can see how other quilters are going via this link. http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/fmq-project-link-up_24.html
  
Until next time keep stitching
Cynthia

No comments: