Friday, February 21, 2014

Building Blocks Quilt- 2014 Quilt Along #5

Some how I am a week behind. Never mind, no point stressing over, is there. I got my nine patch blocks made and I am ready to trace the design on. I still haven't found a suitable marker and I am still having trouble seeing the design through the fabric. In the end I copied the design instead of tracing it with the lightbox and I used a different marker(a frixon pen) I only have a blue one so it was a little hard to see but at least the lines stayed on. I might try a different colour for the next block.



One of the first things I have learnt through this Quilt along is I do like to FMQ straight lines and this block went a bit better than Gridlines block did. I'm so happy to see there is more improvement. Just had a little drifting in my straight lines and  a few on my travel lines were a little wobbly.

Now I need to get my act together and trace the next block and jump in to the next one Not sure about all the circles in the next one.
See what other have been working on this week at  http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/fmq-project-link-up_21.html 

Until next time
Keep stitching Cynthia

No comments: