Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Layer Cake Sampler Quilt Along # 3

Wow.  This quilt is coming along quickly. I can't believe we are at blocks 11 & 12 already. This is the Layer Cake Sampler Quilt I am working on and I can say I am up to date with this one. All 12 blocks are completed and I am enjoying playing around with the directional prints in the layer cake. They are adding more interest to the blocks. With the way we are piecing and cutting these blocks I get 4 half square triangles with the directional print going one way  and the other four blocks the directional print runs the other way.  You can see this at work in the following block.
Block 7
Block 8
 Block 9
The first 6 blocks I completed I followed Amanda's first choice she had recommended and I thought I would follow that option for the whole quilt. When I got to blocks 7, 8 & 9 one of the other options she offered in each block took my fancy and I couldn't resist changing my path.
Block 10
 Block 11
Block 12.

Block 9 is my favourite block out of these 6 blocks. I may have to make a whole quilt using block 9.
Follow this link to see what others are up to with this quilt along.
Until next time keep stitching
Cynthia


No comments: