Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sewing Time #2

Another day at the sewing machine ,  I may get caught up on all the BOM  I am involved in and work on some new projects. Aurifil was first on my list, searching through my scrap box for the BOM I found some Blueberry Crumbcake fabrics to complete my April's  block. April's block is the Bear's Paw block (bottom right)

Then I had to work on a birthday present a cat quilt, nothing fancy but when you need a good present but short on time a panel with a couple borders makes a nice thoughtful present rather than going to the shops and buying something that most likely won't last. That is little Saffy testing out the quilt.

Layer Cake Sampler Quilt have a couple more blocks completed I think there is only 2 more block to go before we start the assembly of the top. Block 17 & 18.



Finally I have my Triangle Quilt top completed, a few problems on the way but by the time I got to the last 4 rows I had it all under control I just had to stop trying to piece more than 1 row at a time as I was messing up my colour placements and ending up with 2 rows that the lead triangle was pointing the same way. So I focused on 1 row at a time and no more problems. It did give me a chance to do more lozenge blocks for our Leaders & Enders Challenge.
Now I just have to quilt it  I am looking at a triangle quilting design but I need to do some drawing first to see if it will work.
Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: