Friday, April 4, 2014

Unfinished Projects #3

I have been working on my hexagon quilt this week. If you read my 2014 To do List post back in January this is number 3 on my list to finish. It shouldn't be too hard to finish only quilting and binding left to do. Due to the size of this quilt I decided to have Lizzy from Jacaranda Quilts to quilt it. I think now that was the reason it got put in the UFO pile to start with. The size was a little too much for me to deal with. So in February it went to the quilter and it has now returned for me to complete it with a label and binding.
 Only just enough room in my sewing room for this quilt to be laid out.
 
A close up at quilting for you all to see.


This is my label. It is the first time I have used this triangle label (Pat Sloan posted a blog on this so I thought I would try it). It is worth trying it, I am very happy with it. It is sewn on two sides with the binding and you only have to hand stitch that one edge so it is very secure. Now the only problem is what to name this quilt. Any suggestions would be helpful. Now for the finished quilt.

This completes another UFO off my list.  My Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt is coming along, only have 11 blocks to go and I have picked out my sashing and cornerstone fabrics for the next stage. So I can see a quilt top forming soon.
Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: