Friday, May 16, 2014

EQ Jump Start Sew Along #1

On the EQ blog www.doyoueq.com/blog last week the Jump Start Sew Along started. As a fan of this software since EQ5 was released. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to learn EQ7 as I received it as a birthday present from my LSH in February and I haven't used it very much yet. 

The first lesson was released and we had our first lesson on EQ7 to set up a basic quilt and print our first block pattern which will be our first block to sew- the Greek Cross block. I am going to make these blocks from my batik fabric scrap stash, there is a box full to work with. I think this is a good way to use up some of my fabric stash so I can make room for some new fabric.

I have some questions running through my head about EQ7 so I am hoping for some answers as we work through this project. I want to know 
What is new from earlier versions?
What features have I not used?
What little tricks can I learn?
How can I utilize EQ7 better?
How do I use some of the custom features better?
How to create my own blocks better? (As I have only created simple blocks so far.)
 I am sure there are a few more questions that I haven't thought of yet. 

The first lesson was straight forward to me as an ongoing user. It is a good place to start, at the beginning, creating a quilt layout and selecting some blocks and printing our first block instructions.   Here is my first block completed.

Until next time
Keep Stitching

Cynthia

No comments: