Monday, May 5, 2014

Salisbury Stitchers Exhibition Round Up 2014

What a weekend we all had at the Salisbury Stitchers Exhibition at St Jay Recreation Centre. I am suffering from a bit of a fun hang over today. Just lacking a bit of energy and a bit tired.
 As a quilter what could be better than spending time viewing beautifully made quilts, enjoying good company and selling my wares. There was plenty of variety, something to please everyone I thought. There was a number Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilts on display in a variety of sizes. These took my fancy, as most of you know I am currently working on mine and getting close to finishing all my blocks. So I was interested in what colour combinations were used for sashing, cornerstones and borders as in the book they have used brown and cream. I haven't gone that way, I am using a tan and burgundy for mine and there was a variety of options used in the ones on display. 

                                                    Some pictures of my stall.



My view of the exhibition from my stall.

Another view of the exhibition.
The Salisbury Stitchers did a brilliant job in the organising and running of this exhibition. Everything seem to run smoothly from my point of view. 

Until next time
Keep stitching 
Cynthia


No comments: