Saturday, July 26, 2014

Celtic Solstice Update

I was planning to work on my BOM blocks this afternoon and catch up on July’s blocks but as I sat down at the sewing machine there was a few pieces of the Celtic Solstice pieced border sitting there ready for piecing. I really want to finish this one before we start this year’s mystery, so back to the cutting mat and I cut the remaining pieces to finish the blocks for this border and finished sewing them together.

 I got the top border on not a problem and look who turns up just in time for her photo to be taken. That is Ponchee, so cute sitting there behaving herself.

That didn't last long. There seemed to be a lump under my quilt when I returned to pin the last border on.

 On further investigation look who it is. Ponchee!

 Eventually I got to sew the last side of the border on. So there is only one more border left for tomorrow. 

Then that is 3 quilt tops ready for quilting. I think I see a quilting day in my future. This looks like a chance for some more free motion quilting practice. I did purchase some new quilting aids at last weekend’s event so this might be the perfect chance to try them out.
I would love to hear what you are working on this weekend. 
Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia



No comments: