Thursday, August 14, 2014

Quilting Time

I have 3 quilts ready for quilting and the plan was to pin and quilt them last weekend. As I write this post they all got pinned ready for quilting. I started with the smallest quilt, the fairy quilt which is for our latest arrival into the family (A new little cousin). I hope they like it. I got it quilted and bound.  

My Celtic Solstice was next, the largest out of the three. As I was pinning this quilt I could see quilting lines to follow so I started quilting it next. The diamond with the pin wheel centre is my quilt line. It gives a nice curvy circle effect. It is a big job and I ran out of day. I got middle quilted but I still have the borders to quilt. So that is my starting point when I get back to the machine. At least I have had a few days to think about how I am going to quilt it so I am already for some free motion quilting for the border.

Last to be quilted will be my UFO star quilt; I am not sure how I want to quilt this one. I wish I had some fabric to put a border around it but I still haven't found the rest of the fabric. You know I will find the fabric once I finish this quilt completely.  So the fabric I have left has to be for the binding. I want to see this quilt finished so I'm not going to try and find something for the border.


Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: