Over the weekend I made time to do some quilting. This star quilt has been ready for a while but there has been no time for quilting. There was a real need to get this quilt done in time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival. A deadline helps when you need to finish a project.
This is one of my UFO projects for this year and I am glad to tick it off the list. It has been a little while since I completed a project, I have starts some new ones though. I used 3 Aurifil 50 wt threads in red, blue and cream for the quilting and did lots of free motion quilting on it.
It was good practise; now that I have a super slider mat on the machine it has made a huge difference to my quilting. It makes the quilt glide under the needle a lot easier. So I had a lot less trouble with my threads and my stitches are looking a lot more even. I did some echoes inside the blue stars; I did a stipple in the red stars and the red borders and a wavy zigzag in the plain blocks following the pattern on the fabric.
Then it was a matter of binding, luckily there was enough blue fabric left for me to bind it with. Now this quilt is finished I wonder how long it will be before the original pattern and the rest of the fabrics turn up.
South Australian Stars
58 inches square(148cm square)
Category Small Quilts
Don't forget to pop over and have a look at all the quilts and vote on your favourite. The link is in the toolbar on the right hand side.