Thursday, October 30, 2014

Globetrotting Block of the Month #10 - Part 1

This month Pat Sloan has given us the corner blocks and borders instructions to finish our quilt tops off. Let’s just say I haven't quite got the top finished yet but I thought I will still posted what I have done. The corner blocks are done and I have joined the blocks together with their sashing strips. I did move some of the blocks around as the 2 lighter blocks were too close together. So I have the 2 borders left to do. I think it will have to wait until the weekend as the outer border is pieced and I will need some time to work it out. The border uses 2 fabrics which I have but when I look at them together I think they look too similar and the 2 tone border may not be noticeable. That is my biggest fear. I have seen some completed tops that have more than 2 colours in their outer border. So I might look at using some of the fabrics left over from the blocks to add to the border to give it the contract it needs.


 Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: