Monday, October 13, 2014

I am Inklingo-ing.

Is that a real word Inklingo-ing? Or I have just made it up. I just couldn't think of another word to describe that I am working on my Inklingo projects.
Have you tried Inklingo yet?
If not? Inklingo is downloadable shapes to print on to fabric using a standard inkjet printer. Here is the link to the Inklingo blog for more details, if you are curious. I know I was 2 years ago when I came upon a post about this technique. Since then I haven't looked back, I always have an Inklingo project on the go. 
Here is a couple of my completed projects and the Case of the Secret Garden was my first project. Really! It was a mystery quilt Linda had on the blog and I found it the perfect project to start with as she had all the details worked out for you. 

The other one was my Camelia Hexagon Quilt.

There is a free starter collection for you to download and try before you buy as well. The Inklingo method is suited to hand piecing and machine piecing so whatever one you prefer, try it. Now I love to hand piece so it saves me from have to make templates and drawing around them and cut them out. Too long, with Inklingo I cut the fabric to the size I need, iron the same size piece of freezer paper to the right side of the fabric and put it in the printer and hit the print button. Then all I have to do is cut them out and I am ready to sew. 
You can just see the printed lines.
 I have 2 projects on the go at the moment and they are my Kaleidoscope stars which will be a table runner once I choose the background. 



This is the first time I have tried the fussy cutting with no waste technique which will become a table runner and my other project is my Castle Wall quilt, I am halfway through block 4 of 12.

The Inklingo blog is a great resource of information and it is well worth bookmarking it for easy reference. Here is the Inklingo link to get started. 
A disclaimer from me. I am affiliated with Inklingo so please click on Cynthia's Ark when you are asked where did you hear about us question as you go through the checkout when you purchase anything from the Inklingo website. I think I will be trying the newest star release next after I finish my kaleidoscope star table runner. I might not be able to wait.
Until next time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: