Sunday, February 22, 2015

Paper Piecing Practice

Paper piecing is a technique I haven't done much of. I learnt the technique a few years ago but wasn't really inspired by it, so I haven't visited it again. At a quilting fair a couple years ago I purchased a pattern that I fell in love with and yes I did know it was a paper pieced pattern. My thought was this might just by what I need to re-visit this technique again but it is a larger project way beyond my skills. So what do quilters do these days log on to the internet and found a site. This is where I found Quilt Art Designs and have been watching, reading and doing a little testing. Not very good so I am not going to share those pieces with you. They have a quilt along starting next month- Forest Quilt- A- Long 2015 which I really like but it is a little advance for me. I am still thinking of joining in so that I can do it later when my skills improve. In the meantime Janeen released a mystery paper piecing block last week I decided to have a go.

 Well here is my block completed. It is not perfect but it is the best I have done so far and one of the harder blocks I have tried. I am improving and I am happy to share it. I feel I am finally getting a handle on this technique.
Quilt Art Designs has a Beginners Block of the Month running too.I'm a little late starting but I am going to join in and see how I go. So hopefully I will continue to improve and I will share future progress reports with you here. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly if needed.
Have a look it is a very interesting site to visit.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: