Monday, May 25, 2015

Paper Piecing Quilt Along #2

This week we got to sew our first block in the Paper Piecing Quilt Along from Christa's Quilts. I don't have a lot of experience with paper piecing so I was a little unsure how I was going to go with the block. I love the block so I had to try. I discovered it isn't too hard as long as you follow the numbers on the papers and the excellent instructions that came with it.

 I got it completed but I need to do my next blocks a little differently as I wasn't set up well enough as my cutting table was too far away from the sewing machine and the iron was closer but not close enough and going back and forwards all the time will drive me crazy. So when I do the next batch of block I will set up better like Christa's suggested. It isn't a hard technique to learn once I got my head around it. So I am looking forward to explore this technique a little deeper, sooner than later.

I am very happy with my first block so close to perfect that I impressed myself. Lets just say my finished block was just fraction undersized, not enough that I have to redo it. I just need to take a little more care as I make the next blocks. I think when I folded the paper on the over my flat edge it could of been flatter.
It's not too late to join in,  here is the link Christa's Quilts.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: