It has been a while since I finished the quilt top. The poor quilt has been sitting in the To be Quilted pile for 3-4 months and at one stage I had a July deadline for the completion of it. Well July is gone and August is just about done. Finally I have pinned it ready for quilting. Another week goes by. Why can't I decide on how to quilt this one? I could easily have it finished if I just stitched it in the ditches but that just doesn't appeal to me. I think this top was waiting for me to rediscover FMQ again and after a couple tests with the rulers I purchased from Westalee Design I decided on a floral design using the 2' circle ruler from the Sampler set and on the plain blocks I followed the diagonal pattern of the fabric for a zigzag effect.
I used the Inklingo 9' Star collection to make the star blocks which I did by hand and when I quilted it I was easily able to use my seams to line the circle ruler quickly every time for perfect placement of the floral design. There is an Inklingo link in the Right hand side toolbar if you want to learn more about printing on to fabric for precision piecing every time.
So now I am up to the binding stage and I can see the completion of this quilt clearly which is fantastic. I am using the pink stripe that I used for the star centre for the binding. All the fabric I have used in the quilt is from Sue Daley's To Norway with Love is still available in my shop.