Sunday, December 13, 2015

Under the Pressure Foot #16

I have been waiting for this range to arrive since I ordered it in June. It is Thimble Pleasures and features vintage sewing machines panel, scissors, tape measures, thimbles and sewing sayings. They are all now available at Cynthia's Ark.

I have two projects ideas for you for this range.  Today I will share the first idea and next week I will share the other idea once I do a little more sewing on the project. Firstly the panel can easily be cut into 2 strips of 4 sewing machines.

So the first idea is a table runner. So you could make 2 table runners from 1 panel or you could make 1 table runner and 4 matching cushions. For the table runner all you need is a cream inner border. I used Riley Blake Designs Shades Cream fabric for an inner border.

Then I used the Thimble fabric from Thimble Pleasures for the second border.

I will have to find some quilting time now to finish this table runner off but I do know I will be using the tape measure fabric for the binding.
When I finish this table runner I will write the pattern up and put it under the tutorial tab for anyone who would like to make one. These fabrics are available at Cynthia's Ark.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: