Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Scrappy Table Runners


I have been piecing these Idaho Square Dance blocks in my spare time just for the fun of it. I just wanted to piece something for no reason. The scrap bin is overflowing and I do have a scrap quilt drawn up in EQ7 to use some of it up but I can't decide if I want to use my batik scraps or the main stream fabrics. At one time I thought I could make two quilts and that would be interesting at the end to compare the two but do I have time to make two quilts. Who knows! It may happen. So in the meantime I sewed these blocks together and finished them off with some simply straight line quilting and this is what I ended up with.


Now do you see the difference in size. I only noticed it when I took the photo. There was an accident with the top one and I had to wash it after the cat bump me while have a cup of tea making me spill some on it while I was binding it. It shrunk a little. I may have to wash the other to match it up. Here is a snapshot of the culprit  misbehaving when I am trying to take a progress shot on another project. I don't know why cats love quilts but they do in my household anyway even when they are not finished.
That is Denim the Menace our blue oriental boy.
I am linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday and Let's Bee Social  so pop over and see what others are working on.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: