Monday, May 30, 2016

Some Free Motion Quilting Time



It has been a while since I have try something new on the quilting front with my main machine out of action for 8 weeks.  My quilting pile has grown.  So it was time to tackle some of the projects, as some have deadlines that needed to be met. Luckily they are all small projects so I was able to get 2 of the small projects with deadlines quilted. My second colour way of my Tea Party Table Topper  (picture above top right)which is a retreat workshop next month and my contribution to Kate's Scrap Crazy workshop samples. Nothing fancy but nicely done.

Then there was two cat quilts that got pinned. I did manage to start on one of the cat quilts and this is where I get to play. I saw a wavy check tutorial by Leah Day last week and I wanted to try it. So this was the perfect piece to try it on. Not too big so it would take me all day, but not too small that it would be over before I got the hang of it. I got halfway through quilting it before I ran out of time but the effects were brilliant for the first time doing it. I think I will be using this one again and again in different sizes. I hope you can see it. Excuse little Miss Pochee she loves to walk through photos.
You can see it better on the back.

When I finish it I will share it  with everyone. I am sharing this post with the Free Motion Mavericks. Take a look at what others are up to.

Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: