Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Under the Pressure Foot #21


It has been a while since I have done a Under the Pressure Foot post. Why I don't know. Maybe I haven't felt like I have been under too much pressure to finish things off until this last week. With deadlines loaming it is time to bring a few things to a close before starting some new projects including a couple of large quilts that will test my skills in needle turn applique and machine applique. Two techniques I have used a little but not too successful at. Somehow this year is turning into a year of improving my applique skills. I have done a few projects and have improved my skills by adapted new ways of doing hand applique. I don't think what I am doing is new but being left handed in a right handed world sometimes things don't work out as easily as they should, I feel. So hopefully I have found my way with hand applique and I may learn to enjoy do it.

Are you curious about the two projects I about to start? The first one is Pemberleyhas. I have been plastering all over my Facebook page for the last couple of month as I will be running it as a Block of the Month starting June.

There is still time to join us if you are tempted. All the details are on my website. Plus you may have seen I have the Pemberley quilt on loan hanging in the shop. So Saturday being the first Saturday of the month the shop is open as it is Project Uninterrupted day. Perfect to come and have a close look at it.  No touching allow but you can have a close up look. It is so much better in person. My pictures don't do it justice.

The second one is Michele Hill's William De Morgan Sampler.  I have admired her work for quite a while and getting the chance to hear her speak about William Morris(A big fan of his work too) last year at our annual retreat inspired me to have a go. I have had the pattern nearly a year and a couple of my friends have already started their. So I am a little behind but at least the decision has been made to do it and I can look at pulling fabrics for it.

So I think I am up for a challenging time making these two beauties. When I get them finished I am sure they will became treasured pieces in my collection. I will be sharing my progress especially on the Pemberley quilt as there is a group of us stitching at the same time.

Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia



No comments: