Tuesday, November 29, 2016

En Provence Post #1

It is that time of the year where we have our fabrics selected and we are all ready to start Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. This year it is En Provence and here is my fabric selection for this year mystery. I am working with my batik stash this year. I haven't work enough this year with batiks so it is time to pull some out.

Clue 1 was released after Thanksgiving and we get to start with our neutrals and make lots of neutral four patches.
Some strip cutting. They are all different lengths but I will pair the strip with similar lengths together.
I am having a go at spinning my seams too. So far so good.


Here is the first batch of neutral four patch blocks. Not sure at this stage how many I will be making as the plan is to make mine a little smaller than Bonnie's. It will all depend on the layout. So I will be making fewer block each step and after the reveal I will make the balance of what I need.

Now it is not too late to join in. Here is the link to Bonnie's post on this year's mystery, where you can find the details to get you started. http://quiltville.blogspot.com.au/p/en-provence-mystery.html
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

7 comments:

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Beautiful fabric choices!

Laura McD said...

Your fabrics will make a stunning quilt!

Pamelyn's Postings said...

Love the softness of your fabrics! Great start!

Vireya said...

Gorgeous batiks for your mystery!

Frances Meredith said...

I love the richness of the batiks - great choice.

englishquilter said...

I have made all the 4 patches but think I might go for a smaller project in the end. (I dont want to make such a large quilt for myself.) I already have plans for the leftovers.

Feathers in my Nest said...

pretty, pretty..