Thursday, March 29, 2018

An Adventure with Anzac Fabrics

While I was away at Cotton Carnivale these fabrics from Kennerds Anzac range.
 I had Narelle and her daughter pop in on Sunday where she spotted the Anzac Fabrics. A Rememberance quilt is something she wanted to make. She asked me what I had planned to make with them? I told her I just won't have the time as Anzac Day is only 4 weeks away.  The following day I was thinking about the fabrics and what would I do with them, and before I knew it I had design a possible quilt.

In the end I used a simple framed block, fussy cutting some squares from the border print and teaming it up with the sandbag fabric for the frame. The second block features one of the poppy prints and the barbwire fabric for the frame. I did sew four blocks up to see what they look like.

In making these blocks I had a couple of off cuts from the border print with one Soldier on it and I am wondering if I can use them in the design. I will have a play with them and maybe a quilt will come to life from this adventure.
Until Next Time
 Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: