Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Layer Cake Sampler Quilt Along #1

This sampler quilt along by Amanda from Material Girl Quilts started on the 21st February and 2 blocks are released each week. The difference between this quilt along and the others is it features layer cakes (10 inch squares) in its construction. I made the first 2 blocks a couple weeks ago and was pleased with my efforts and I like the size of these large blocks. I am using 1862 Battle Hymn and I cut some background fabric from my stash into 10 inch squares for the solid layer cake as I didn't have one.
                                                           Block 1
                                                       Block 2

I look forward to sewing the next lot of blocks when I have some more sewing time.
                                                       Until next time
                                                        Keep Stitching
                                                         Cynthia

No comments: