Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Quilt Along Addiction

 When I saw the Layer Cake Sampler Quilt Along on the Material Girl Quilts blog, how could I resist. I may have a problem.  I may have become addicted to these Quilt Alongs this year. Last year  I participated in my first Quilt Along which was  the Inklingo The Case of the Secret Garden quilt, which I hand pieced. I enjoyed it and I have finished my quilt. One of only a handful of projects finished last year. It was a lean year sewing wise.


 So late last year when I came across Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt I jumped in using the Inklingo method. I am still working on it. I learnt a lot with Celtic Solstice including posting progress pictures online and adding links back to my blog. It has started me on a big adventure I discovered and I am really enjoying it.  One of the best things is sharing my progress on the quilt alongs with others doing the same project and see what others are doing and where they are up to.
A little sneak peak at what my Celtic Solstice quilt layed out.

So as we entered 2014 I was on the look out for new Quilt Alongs I could join and I may have gone overboard but I how could I resist these beautiful quilts and I was looking to improve my skills. So here are the Quilt Alongs I am  currently involved in.
1. Globetrotting  1 block a month with Pat Sloan.and freequiltpatterns.com
2. Building Blocks Quilt- Free Motion Quilt Along- This one has weekly lessons with Leah Day teaching the piecing and the free motion quilting.  The pattern is available at www.leahday.com  to purchase. This one is to improve my free motion quilting.
3. Aurifil Block of the Month- 1 block a month from different designers with an interview with the designer for added interest.
4. Wishes Quilt Along- 1 block a month  with the Fat Quarter Shop 
5.Layer Cake Sampler Quilt Along- 2 blocks a week with Amanda from the Material Girl Quilts.blog. This one uses layer cakes in its construction for something different.
6. This one is the newest on my list Triangle Quilt Along from Paula at The Sassy Quilter blog. This is a short 5 week Quilt Along and should be fun. I alway wanted to make a triangle quilt. It starts on the 21st March. So this one is about to start.

Have you joined any Quilt Alongs? I would love to hear what ones are being done out there. Or is it just me with this addiction. I am posting my progress on my blog on all the ones I am doing.
                                                          Until next time
                                                          Keep stitching
                                                               Cynthia

No comments: