Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Celtic Solstice #7


Here it is! My Celtic Solstice quilt completed. Just in time for a break before Bonnie Hunter's new mystery starts in October I think. It was a job and a half to quilt it but I am glad I did it myself- good practise free motion quilting especially in the border triangles,

 whereas in the middle I let the blocks create the pattern, I just followed the diamond shape created in the joining of the two blocks. I do a bit of free motion stitching in the ditch as I didn't outline each block. I don't think you can see it very well but I hope it gives you some idea where I stitched.

I have learnt some much from this mystery quilt that I can't believe how far I have come in 12 months, when it comes sharing my progress on Facebook, in my blog and link ups with Bonnie's posts and I have learnt a lot about scrap quilts. I have always being very controlling with the amount of fabrics I use in a project. Less is best has been my motto. Now I know it doesn't have to be that way. I plan to be freer with the next mystery quilt we do. Yes you heard it here! I am going to try to be scrappier in the next one. I have started on my scrap journey with the Leader & Ender Challenge lozenge blocks this year so we will see what happens. I may need a new motto.
My lozenge blocks so far, lots of different fabrics here.
 Do you like lots of fabrics in a project or are you like me Less is best? I would love to know what you think.
Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: