Sunday, September 11, 2016

Under the Pressure Foot #23

I found myself with a free day to do what I like. It has been a long time since I felt this free. There has always some other jobs that have been getting in the way.
After attending a Westalee Ruler work shop I have been itching to get back to some quilting. Plus this one is on my 2016 Finish Along for this quarter.

This is the quilt that I need to finish. I am halfway through quilting it, so I am eager to finish it. I am playing with 2 circle templates.
The key to using these rulers is play with them and practice. I like to keep the key closest to me so I can see it easily and take a little extra care as I go pass it.

This quilt only has four large blocks. So I started in the centre of each block working my way out. Then I used the 2" circle template to fill the centre of the quilt and around the outside edges of the blocks. Lastly I filled the outer border with circles, plus four extra circle that fits in the corners over the inner border.
By 4 pm I finally finished the quilting. A number of ends to tie in and then the binding. The plan is to finish this quilt this week. 
Then I can look at the next quilt that is ready for quilting. Another chance to play with the rulers.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


4 comments:

AlidaP said...

Very cool quilting design!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I really need to get over my fear of quilting designs. Templates seem like the way to go. Lol I have such quilting anxiety!

Anonymous said...

I really need to get over my fear of quilting designs. Templates seem like the way to go. Lol I have such quilting anxiety!

Muv said...

Hello Cynthia,

It's great when you finally get the time to get back to quilting after a break. I'm looking forward to bad weather so I have to stay in!

Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

Love, Muv