Friday, September 30, 2016

Water

After a crazy week of weather here is South Australia with the whole state being blackouts on Wednesday when a huge storm hit. with winds and rain. We had no power for 15 hours. Then the next evening the next front hit with even stronger winds and more rain.
This has lead to major damage across the state and flooding which has stopped me from getting home as they have closed roads as the rivers break their banks.
This is our normal route we take to and from Adelaide. The Light River broke it banks Friday morning closing our road. My husband took this picture as he did manage to get home before they closed the other road in. The water is a far distance from our town so we are safe. We just can't get in and out.
It is keeping me away from my sewing machine. Not happy. We will see if I can get home today.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: