Thursday, March 30, 2017

Under the Pressure Foot # 28

It seems like it has been a while since I lasted posted here. There is some new workshops coming that I have been working on. Sewing anything has been tough going with hardly any free time to sew. Even a weekend away with the Jubilee Quilters didn't help much but we did have a lot of fun shopping, eating, laughing and drinking. There was some sewing thrown in with a pin cushion workshop where some of us made a little bird and a few made sheep.

I did pick up my Sands Of Time Hourglass quilt up from being quilted. Though I haven't finished the binding on the last quilt I collected. At least the binding is sewn on  ready for the final stage. So there is some binding in my future with those two quilts. It would be good if my Sands of Time quilt was finish in time for the Laura Folk fair which is on this coming weekend. Fingers crossed I can do it, I would like to display it because it is a sample for a workshop in May.
The binding going on. I was a little short. I should follow my pattern, I did say you will need 7 strips for your binding. Then I only cut 6. What was I thinking!

I did manage to cut fabric for 2 new projects mainly because I thought I may run out out project over the retreat weekend. Where was my brains? Run out of sewing, I always take too much.
I am going to have a go at English Paper Piecing Apple Cores for a small project. That is Sue Daley Bittersweet fabrics I am using for this one. So it is ready to go.

Plus I am going to play with some stripe fabrics I have in the shop.

Let's hope I have some sewing time in the near future to tackle these projects.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: