Friday, May 12, 2017

Expanding my Knowledge

Busy! Busy! That is how it has been since the beginning of March around here. Today was a chance to do something different even though my head was shouting at me No you have stacks of work to be done. I throw caution to the wind and attended a group session on Foundation paper piecing. This is a technique I have tried a couple of times but I am not very comfortable with. I do have a project on my Project Uninterrupted list that features this technique.
So the plan is to expand my knowledge with a small project and hopefully this will help me master the technique so I can continue on to bigger and better projects which I have the patterns already. Yes I admit it I have brought some patterns that I love, knowing I did not have the knowledge to make them yet. The plan was to buy the patterns and then learn the technique. A case of I have the patterns now I can learn it. Instead the patterns got put away with all the other patterns I have.
 This is the pattern we are having a go today.
I got my fabric cut for two placemats as there is only two of us.
Sewing was more challenging for some of us. We did get half of one placemat completed to this stage. I think the second half may go a little better now I have a better understanding of the technique.


As long as I don't leave it too long and forget what I learnt.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: